20 Incredible Water Slides That Will Blow Your Mind
Water slides are the integral part of any cool water park. They provide emotions and fun. The problem is that most of them are just… pretty boring. But there are places in the world where the concept of “mediocrity” is not known. Some water parks more fit to term “Go big or go home.” Here are the 20 most terrifying and incredible water slides around the world. Would you dare to use them?
1. Summit Plummet at Disney’s Blizzard Beach, Walt Disney World Resort – Bay Lake, Florida
This is one of the fastest and most fearsome water slides in the world. The sheer, 120-foot slope will test the mettle of even the most seasoned of thrill-seekers. In terms of scale, Summit Plummet reaches the equivalent of 12 storeys in height!
2. Tantrum Alley at Wild Wadi Water Park, Jumeirah Beach Hotel – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Some of the best water slide experiences involve having fun with your friends. Tantrum Alley maxes out at four people per flotation device, so you can bring your mates along for the ride. As you cling on to your raft, you’ll swoop through two downhill runs and three swirling tunnels.
3. Insano at Beach Park, Porto das Dunas – Fortaleza, Brazil
The Insano is actually the highest waterslide in the world – 14 storeys high! As you drop down this crazy mechanism, you’ll hit speeds of 65 miles an hour. Because you’re mostly freefalling, it takes you only four or five seconds to reach the bottom.
4. Leap of Faith at Atlantis Paradise Island Resort – Paradise Island, The Bahamas
Leap of Faith gets its novelty edge from plunging through shark-infested waters. Designed to look like a Mayan temple, you can enjoy a 60ft drop, while desperately hoping that Jaws won’t break through the translucent tunnel.
5. The Wildebeest at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, Santa Claus – Indiana, USA
At one-third of a mile long, you can actually justify that queue wait. Instead of being over in seconds, Wildebeest lasts for two-and-a-half minutes and you can take your friends along for the ride too! The boats can accommodate four people.
6. Black Snake Summit at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor – Los Angeles, USA
Black Snake Summit gives you no less than five slides to choose from: Sidewinder, Boa Constrictor, Venom Drop, Coiled Cobra, and Twisted Fang. Pick your poison.
7. Scorpion’s Tail at Noah’s Ark Water Park, Wisconsin Dells – Wisconsin, USA
This 400-foot long water slide has a stomach-churning drop, where you’ll plummet at 50-feet per second.
8. Citta del Mare at Citta del Mare Hotel Village – Terrasini, Italy
Probably the tamest water slide on our list, Citta del Mare, is broken up by pools. As far as views go though, this Italian vista is gorgeous, and you finish your slide by plunging into the Mediterranean Sea.
9. Head-first Racer at Chimelong Water Park, Guangzhou – Guangdong, China
The most competitive water slide in the world, Head-first Racer is made up of 8 runs – choose your colour and try to get to the bottom before the rest of your friends.
10. L2 at Wave Water Adventure World – Woergl, Austria
After being dropped from a futuristic pod, you’ll endure 14 metres of freefall down this 129 metre slide. The first double-loop flume will leave you feeling disorientated, but you’ll be fine! Probably.
11. The Mammoth at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, Santa Claus – Indiana, USA
Forget four-person rafts, Mammoth can take up to six people! Hold on tight; Mammoth is an exceptionally fun water ride that you can enjoy with all your friends or family members, but it’s full of twists and turns.
12. Epic Plunge at Norwegian Epic Water Park – Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Cruise Line
So you think that cruises are boring? On-board Norwegian Epic, they have their very own water park, including a crazy water slide called ‘The Epic Plunge.’
13. Brain Wash at Wet ‘n Wild Orlando – Orlando, Florida, USA
This neon-flashing water slide may dazzle your eyes, but it still won’t be able to distract you from the 53-foot drop.
14. Aqualoop at Terme 3000 Water Park – Slovenia
This 360-degree looping waterslide will make you hit staggering speeds of up to 40mph.
15. Twister and Speedy at Fun World & Speed World, Sonnentherme Lutzmannsburg – Lutzmannsburg, Austria
This charming thermal spa mixes relaxation with carefree thrills. Sonnetherme Lutzmannsburg includes two water slides, Twister and Speedy. Although Twister is the longest, at 660 feet, Speedy is by far the fastest, so have fun mixing and matching between the two.
16. The Wedgie at WhiteWater World, Coomera – Queensland, Australia
This water slide didn’t get the name ‘The Wedgie’ for nothing. At five storeys high, this trapdoor operated ride is infamous for causing swimwear to go array.
17. The Cyclone at World Waterpark, West Edmonton Mall – Edmonton, Canada
The Cyclone at World Waterpark comes with a 17 metre drop and you will reach speeds of up to 60km/h.
18. Summit Tower at Calypso Park, Limoges – Ontario, Canada
The highest waterslide tower in North America, you can expect slides for speed junkies and families alike.
19. Behemoth Bowl at Chimelong Water Park, Guangzhou – Guangdong, China
You’ll shoot down an 80 metre-long translucent tube, before splashing into a massive bowl. Here, you’ll get swirled around and then dropped down the central shoot.
20. Walhalla Wave at Aquatica, San Antonio – Texas, USA
What could be cooler than a zero-gravity wall? On Walhalla Wave, you and three of your friends can enjoy a fast-paced thrill ride that will make you feel weightless!