50 Incredible Photos You May Not Have Seen Before – Part 2
It’s time for another collection of incredible photos that you may not have seen before. Check them out.
1. Shanhaiguan District, where the Great Wall of China begins right on the shore of the Bohai Sea. It’s known as ’Old Dragon’s Head’.
2. The inside of one of Google’s data centres.
3. A lava lake in the caldera of the Erta Ale volcano, Ethiopia.
4. An x-ray of someone’s spine before and after they had treatment for scoliosis.
5. The most detailed image of Mercury ever taken.
6. Bagger 288, the largest excavator in the world.
7. The Bavarian town of Nördlingen, built inside the crater made by a meteorite which fell to Earth around 14 million years ago.
8. Two kilogrammes of fat looks compared to two kilogrammes of muscle.
9. Daytona Beach, Florida, 1957.
10. A watch belonging to Akito Kawagoe. It stopped at 8:15 — the exact time when the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima in 1945.
11. The eggs of an octopus.
12. A full circle rainbow, photographed from a plane.
13. A true colour image of Mars, taken by the Curiosity rover.
14. People ascending Everest, May 2013.
15. A huge dust storm, Western Australia, 2013.
16. A mountain of used tyres.
17. The aurora borealis, or northern lights, seen from space.
18. 9:03 AM, Semptember 11, 2001.
19. Two collided bullets from the Battle of Gallipoli, 1915-16.
20. “This CD-ROM can hold more information than all the paper that’s here below me”- Bill Gates, 1994.
21. North Korea vs South Korea at night time.
22. Christ of the Abyss. Underwater statue of Jesus Christ located in the Mediterranean Sea.
23. San Buenaventura complex in Ixtapaluca, on the eastern outskirts of Mexico City.
24. Behind a Frozen Waterfall in Minnehaha Creek, Minnesota.
25. How one theatre in Paris showed Life of Pi.