Amazing Mid-century Photographs of Paris
Paris is the capital and most populous city of France located on the Seine River. The city is considered the centre of culture and art, world fashion capital and hub of European social life. With the Eiffel tower, the Arc de Triomphe, The Louvre and Notre Dame Cathedral, it is also one of the most popular tourist destination. Today, we collected a series of amazing vintage photographs showing the life in 1950s Paris. The photos has been taken by famous French photojournalist and art photographer, Édouard Boubat.
Édouard Boubat was born in 1923. Most of his childhood years, he spent in Paris. He studied typography and graphic arts at the École Estienne and worked for a printing company before becoming a photographer. He took his first photograph after World War II in 1946 and was awarded the Kodak Prize the following year. Boubat died on June 30th, 1999, at the age of 75. Check out his amazing photographs of 1950s Paris below.
Also check: Amazing Color Photographs of Paris in 1939
1. Little girl with fallen leaves. Jardin du Luxembourg (Luxembourg Garden), Paris, 1946.
2. Lella, Paris, 1946.
3. Cats on the roof, 1947.
4. Quai de l’Hôtel de Ville, Paris, 1947.
5. Man painting the wall, 1948.
6. A man reading a newspaper, 1948.
7. Le Pont Neuf, Paris, 1948.
8. Children in Montmartre, Paris, 1948.
9. Flower seller, 1948.
10. Rue Servandoni, Paris, 1948.
11. Galeries Lafayette, Paris, 1949.
12. A group of children with a dog, Montmartre, Paris, 1949.
13. A woman looking through the window, 1950.
14. Carots, 1950.
15. Cabaret dancer, 1950.
16. A girl wearing a shoe, 1950.
17. Street of Montmartre, 1951.
18. Les Aimes, Paris, 1952.
19. Art, 1952.
20. Boulevard Raspail, 1952.
21. The couple in the Luxembourg Garden, 1952.
22. Playing children, 1952.
23. Canal de l’Ourcq, Paris, 1952.
24. Café de Flore, Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Paris, 1953.
25. 17th District of Paris, 1954.
26. Pont des Arts, Paris, France, 1954.
27. The first snow in the Luxembourg Garden, Paris, 1955.
28. Rue Vilin, Belleville, Paris, 1955.
29. Kissing couple, Paris, 1959.
30. Little girl on the balcony, 1960.
31. Baker, 1960.
32. Chestnuts seller, 1956.
33. Smilling girl, 1957.
34. Seine river, Paris, 1955.
35. Le Sphinx, Narcisse, Place Pigalle, Paris, 1955.