Man Sneaks Into Fukushima’s Red Exclusion Zone And Shows A Town Untouched Since March 2011
Do you remember the year 2011 and the massive tsunami that struck Japan and damaged nuclear power plant in Fukushima? Since then, there is a closed zone around the plant. In the 20-kilometer exclusion zone time has stopped. Keow Wee Loong, a photographer from Malaysia, decided to visit the exclusion zone. But after authorities told him that a special permit would be needed to explore the area, Loong eschewed the bureaucratic measure by just sneaking in to the zone through the forest. Check out his photos below.
Also check: American Ghost Towns – Amazing Peek Into History
1. Supermarket in Fukushima.
3. Bookstore in Fukushima.
4. A lot of porno magazines in the bookstore, march 2011 edition.
6. The video rental store.
7. Laundry left behind. People left so quickly they forgot their landry. 5 years later is still here.
8. Time stoped on march 2011.
9. Another huge supermarket in Namie.
10. Magazines in the supermarket.
11. Abandoned train station.
12. Part of the structure collapsed due to the earthquake.
13. Abandoned pub.
14. CD shop. There is alot of limited edition collections in this music stall.
15. Abandoned car lot.
16. One of the barricade in Okuma town.
17. Abandoned family mart.
18. Radiation waste can be found everywhere in the exclusion zone.
19. Abandoned mall and car at Tomioka.
20. Ghost town of Fukushima.
21. Inside a shoe stal.
22. Building destroyed due to the earthquake.
23. Abandoned home in the yellow zone.
24. A box of unopened PlayStation 2.
25. There is no car in this town but the traffic light is still working.
26. In the florist shop.
27. 100 meters away from the Fukushima daichi nuclear power station that exploded back in march 2011.