50 Most Famous Portait Photographs You Must See
I think portrait photography is one of the most difficult genres to master. We have gathered a collection of the most famous portait photographs that will leave you inspired. Most of them were featured on the covers of magazines like Time and New York Magazine. Check them out below.
1. Afghan Girl, 1984 (photo by Steve McCurry)
2. Nelson Mandela, 1990 (photo by Annie Leibovitz)
3. Before They Pass Away (photo by Jimmy Nelson)
4. Al Pacino, 1995 (photo by Irving Penn)
5. Ezra Pound, 1958 (photo by Richard Avedon)
6. The Girl with the Green Eyes (photo by David Lazar)
7. Ernest Hemingway, 1957 (photo by Yousuf Karsh)
8. Dennis Hopper, 1976 (photo by Mary-Ellen Mark)
9. Kate Moss (photo by Mario Testino)
10. Mick Jagger, 1992 (photo by Albert Watson)
11. Kurt Cobain, 1994 (photo by Mark Seliger)
This portrait was taken 2 months before Kurt Cobain passed away.