25 Rare Historical Photos You’ve Probably Never Seen Before – Part 8
It’s time for another collection of rare historical photos you’ve probably never seen before. Check it out below.
1. September 11, 2001, 9:03 a.m.
2. Liberated Jewish Concentration Camp Prisoner holding Nazi Soldier at Gunpoint, 1945.
3. The Black Cat casting call, 1961.
4. German SS guards, exhausted from their forced labour clearing the bodies of the dead, are allowed a brief rest by British and Canadian soldiers but are forced to take it by lying face down in one of the empty mass graves. Bergen-Belsen Concentration Camp, April 1945.
5. Alfred Hitchcock serving tea to Leo the Lion, the mascot for MGM Studios.
6. Gus Waldorf Boxing A Bear In 1949. The Bear Won.
7. The Tunguska Meteor Impact, 1908.
8. Bob Marley on the beach with Miss World, Cindy Breakspeare. She is the mother of Damien Marley. 1976.
9. Frances Densmore with Blackfoot chief, Mountain Chief, during a 1916 phonograph recording session for the Bureau of American Ethnology.
10. Chester E. Macduffee next to his newly patented, 250 kilo diving suit. 1911.
11. The two boys are watching an American Jeep drive past the rubble-strewn landscape after D-Day invasion, 1944.
12. Benjamin, the last known Tasmanian Tiger photographed at Beaumaris Zoo in 1933.
13. Corporal Luther E. Boger of US 82nd Airborne Division reading a warning sign, Cologne, Germany, 4th April 1945.
14. A baby cries at a bombed train station in Shanghai, 1937.
15. Competitors roll into the opening ceremonies of the first Paralympics, held in Rome in 1960.
16. The launch of Sputnik 1, Earth’s first artificial satellite, 4 October 1957.
17. First McDonald’s.
One of the first McDonald’s restaurants open in 1948.