25 Rare Historical Photos You’ve Probably Never Seen Before – Part 9
Take a look at our ninth collection of rare historical photos you’ve probably never seen before. Check it out below.
1. Execution by cannon, in Shiraz, Iran, mid-late 19th century.
2. Climbers bringing down corpses of their fellows from Mont Blanc, 1895.
3. Major General Horatio Gordon Robley with his collection of tattooed Maori heads, 1895.
4. Gold diggers marching through Chilkoot pass, the only way towards Dawson City, 1898.
5. Selfies circa 1920.
6. Porsche showing the model of the Beetle to Hitler, 1930s.
Also check: Rare Photos of Adolf Hitler
7. The Olympic flame arrives in Berlin, 1936.
8. Toffs and Toughs – The famous photo by Jimmy Sime that illustrates the class divide in pre-war Britain, 1937.
9. Driving class at Michigan Highland Park University, 1939.
10. Searchlights on the Rock of Gibraltar, 1942.
11. A Dutch woman entering military captivity with her husband, a German soldier, 1944.
12. To demonstrate the superiority of the Red Army, 57.000 German prisoners of war are herded through downtown Moscow, July 1944.
13. Japanese guards bow before US prisoners of war being released from a Yokohama detention center following the capitulation of Japan, 1945.
14. The last commercial sailing ship, Pamir, to round Cape Horn in 1949.
15. James Dean posing in the coffin in the local undertaker in his home town in the year of his car crash and ensuing death, January 1955.
16. Fidel Castro plays baseball in Havana, 1959.
17. A low-division hockey match is interrupted, Sweden, 1959.
18. Iranian woman before the Islamic Revolution, 1960.
19. Residents of West Berlin show children to their grandparents who reside on the Eastern side, 1961.
Also check: Amazing Mid-century Photographs of Berlin
20. The last prisoners leaving Alcatraz, 1963.
21. Counter-protester with her daughters at a civil liberties rally by black people, Bogalusa, Louisiana, 1965.
22. Woodstock – The Opening Ceremony. Bethel, New York, 14 August 1969.
23. Following a jump worth a gold medal, pole vaulter Władysław Kozakiewicz sends a message to Soviet supporters who had given him the raspberry. Moscow Olympics, 1980.
24. British soldier observing Argentinean helmets after the Battle of Goose Green on the Falkland Islands, May 1982.
25. Camels and burning Kuwaiti oil fields that had been blown up by retreating Iraqi troops, 1991.