Then And Now: Photos Of Moscow, Russia That Bring History To Life
Moscow has changed a lot over the years. Check out the collection of vintage photos of Moscow with the photos taken in 2015 of the same locations.
1. The Sukharevsky market in 1920 and now. Now it is replaced with a 16-lane motorway.
2. Mayakovsky square in 1954 and now. Cars passing are newer models in 2015, and there’s a statue of Russian poet Vladimir Mayakovsky in the background.
3. The Kursky railway station square in 1958 and now. Now it is built over with a shopping centre.
4. The Ukraina hotel, the Moskva river and the Novoarbatsky bridge in 1960 and now. Now there are more buildings in the background.
5. Moskva River in 1963 and now. A rowing competition and a tourist boat in the same spot in 2015.
6. The Moscow circus on Tsvetnoi boulevard in 1965. Now there is the Nikulin circus in the same place.
7. A view point on Lenin Hills and the Trinity Church in 1967 and now. Now the hills have been renamed Sparrow Hills.
8. The Great Moscow Circus on Vernadsky Avenue under construction in 1971 and now in all its splendour.
9. Chernomorsky boulevard in 1972 and now. Now the boulevard is replaced with higher-rise buildings.
10. The Kiyevsky rail terminal and Kiyevsky rail terminal square in 1974 and now. The latter has been renamed the Square of Europe.